- 99.7 percent of U.S. employer firms,
- 64 percent of net new private-sector jobs,
- 49.2 percent of private-sector employment,
- 42.9 percent of private-sector payroll,
- 46 percent of private-sector output,
- 43 percent of high-tech employment,
- 98 percent of firms exporting goods, and
- 33 percent of exporting value.
These facts, from the U.S. Census Bureau, SUSB, CPS; International Trade Administration; Bureau of Labor Statistics, BED; Advocacy-funded research, Small Business GDP: Update 2002-2010, outline a telling story.
And according to the U.S. Small Business Administration, small businesses continue to be incubators for innovation and employment growth during the current economic recovery.
Chances are, they are not looking to use precious resources deciphering a communication solution designed with large enterprises in mind.
On Monday, ShoreTel introduced Small Business Edition 100 – a new bundled offering that provides communication and collaboration capabilities to businesses under 100 users. As businesses grow, the system can be easily enabled to support up to thousands of users by applying only a software license.
Businesses need to compete effectively in the marketplace regardless of their size. ShoreTel’s Unified Communications system enables businesses of all sizes to stay connected with their customers and suppliers anytime, anywhere. Advanced features and capabilities are included in the base configuration of SBE 100 without requiring additional costly licenses.
ShoreTel SBE 100 includes:
- Bundles comprising a ShoreTel voice switch, rack-mountable ShoreTel UC Server 20, rack mount tray and software licenses.
- Voicemail limited only by the size of the server’s hard drive.
- Unified Messaging to deliver voice, fax and email messages to a single application, (such as Outlook).
- Click-to-call for fast access to your contacts.
- Extension assignment and simultaneous ringing for making and receiving phone calls from any communication device.
- Workgroups to organize a basic contact center operation so there are no missed calls.
- And many other features and capabilities
- And remaining true to the ShoreTel spirit, simplicity is in the heart of ShoreTel’s system so a person with basic computer skills can easily manage day-to-day system configuration changes – leaving small businesses with time to manage their business. Which is no small task.
Read the press release here.